Sunday, May 15, 2011

Novel Coincidence

Last week, I showed my barber, Janine, the mock up of my novel's front cover, and she placed it up on her bulletin board in her shop. Friday, one of her patrons was getting his hair cut, and he saw the book cover.

"Zug Island. I know Zug Island. It's on the Detroit River," he told Janine, amazed. Then he responded to the subtitle, A Detroit Riot Novel. "I was there during the riots. I was at Tiger Stadium for a Sunday afternoon Tiger/Yankee game and remember it like it was yesterday."

Janine replied, "One of my first customers wrote and just published it. He is very excited about it."

"Wow! After over forty years, someone wrote a novel about it. I'd like to speak with him sometime. Would you mind giving him my cell phone number?"

"I'd love to," she said.

End of part one.

No comments:

Post a Comment